GREEN HOME SHOW #41: Renewable energy (continued): Part 3 Interview Questions for Rick Cairns Chairman of the Southeastern Chester County Refuse Authority and PNC Bank
GREENandSAVE.com is pleased to offer our members and website visitors original content that helps all of us save money and the environment. In addition to our ongoing research and writing on energy saving and home remodeling, we have partnered with THE GREAT GREEN HOME SHOW to offer you content like this that includes script excerpts from the weekly radio show. GREENandSAVE.com offers the exclusive world-wide on-demand access to the audio files, so you can now read and also listen for FREE to any of the shows at anytime. You can also learn about the show’s co-hosts Paul and Doug. Click here to listen to the show of your choice: Green and Home Improvement Radio Shows
For your overall home improvement, you can save money, improve your family’s health, and save the planet. Find out for free how much it will cost to do different types of home improvement in your home from a qualified and member approved contractor in your area. Get a FREE Contractor Quote. Plus, regardless of the size and scope of your home improvement project, save money and keep your home clean with the top rated chemical free and concentrated Green Home Cleaning Products.
The following content is from THE GREAT GREEN HOME SHOW #41.
The content of the GGHS is solely the responsibility of the ECF and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of WILM, its sponsors or Clear Channel Radio. Any rebroadcast, reproduction or use of the Great Green Home Show or its contents without written permission from the Green Fox, Paul Hughes, Doug Hunt, Aunt Jean, Brenna Wallace, Brooke Chase, the Watson Brothers, The Snap and the Sin City Band is strictly prohibited.
Guest Segment Time – 12:00 Sponsored by: Suntrust Mortgage of Christiana
After earning his Bachelor’s degree at Hobart College in upstate New York, today’s guest began his career at Wilmington Trust, where he spent 14 years. He then joined the PNC Wealth Management Team, where he’s been for the past 12 years and is currently a Senior Vice-President and Team Director, serving the suburban Philadelphia area. As for his green cred, our guest is the Chairman of the Southeastern Chester County Refuse Authority, which he does solely because he’s an environmentalist at heart, and he understands the importance of the wise use of limited resources. Please welcome our guest, Mr. Rick Cairns. Good morning Rick. How are this fine morning?
Thanks to Richard Cairns for coming in to chat with us today. We appreciate you being here. How are you this morning?
Why don’t we start from the beginning:
- HI Rick... what if you could tell us a little bit about your background and how you got interested in waste management in your local area.... what would you recommend to other people who'd like to get involved in the type of project and refuse management that you did
- What got you interested in Trash.,
- Can you tell us what it was like before you implemented your methane recapture program.
- Can you tell us how this idea got started.... what kind of agency may have sparked this were generated the idea
- Can you describe the type of program that you have a B. South Eastern Chester County refuse authority ( SECCRA ).. you're green power plan as it were...
- Can you talk a little bit about how this gas is formed and how you actually capture this out of the landfill....
- Let's talk about the generators that actually burned the methane that's captured
- About the costs here, our unity making money do you break even... we know it's the right thing to do but can this be profitable for landfill....
- Okay let's talk about green energy credits and what they pay in how this makes methane farming a more viable enterprise....
- Careless talk about the environmental benefits: reduction in greenhouse gas emissions,... production on dependence on nonrenewable resources... promotion of locally produced green power as an energy source.... replaces the equivalent of well over 27,000 tons per year of coal.... and you make enough power right now power over 500 homes.... pretty significant
- What about the future of this project, expansion.. other ideas for landfills...
- What could you tell other people who are interested in bringing a similar project to their landfill....
- 3 things you do around the house... and new products coming down the pike...
Check the Radio Show Segments on GREENandSAVE.com for the ANSWERS!
Commercial Break – 2:10
Overall Segment #4 – 9:00
Welcome back to the GGHS
Guest Segment (continued) – 7:00
The Announcement of Great Green Home Shows – 1:00
Before we sign off and want to remind people that they will be Great Green Home Shows recorded live at the Great Green Expo on March 29... and we’ll be doing a green show at the Bear library on April 10 from 7 to 8:30PM for the whole family... and then we're going to be doing a Kids green show the Bear library on April 26 from 11AM to 12:30PM… Please come join us and have some fun and learn about money-saving strategies to reduce your bills and energy consumption/.... our presentation for young people is informative, motivating, fun and we never, ever, ever do doom and gloom... because there's no need to... we really do have a blast at these things... so if you or your organization wants to put on a Great Green Home Show presentation, just call the Green Fox at 443-553-5888
Sign-off, thank sponsors and crew, announce next weeks guests (Doug) – 1:00
We’d like to thank our sponsors: Suntrust Mortgage, CMI Electric, Energy Services Group, Myecoagent.com and Option Insurance Group, Green and Save.com and also our guest today: Rick Cairns from the Southeastern Chester County Refuse Authority and PNC Bank fame. We also need to thank our studio crew: Our engineer – John Lamonica and Our producer – Brooke Chase. Have a great week everybody!