Renewable Energy On The Dance Floor
- Johnson Controls Perversion vs. Inversion according to Hillary Clinton at Democratic Presidential Town Hall
- Made in the U.S.A Products from Bottle Breacher by Military Vets Create an Economic Launchpad
- Commercial LED Lighting Solutions Case Study Series – Public Safety – Fire
- Commercial LED Lighting Solutions Case Study Series – Restaurant Parking – Burger King
- Independence LED Parking Garage Fixture is Approved by DLC
The world's first sustainable dance club, Club WATT, located in Rotterdam, Netherlands, introduces a new approach for clubs, festivals and events to create a better future while having a good time.
With their "People. Planet. Party" mission, the club invites all to come dance and create a new type of energy. The dance floor panels move one centimeter every time the dancer's feet hit, powering a generator to light the neon floor. Each person has the capability of producing 20 watts of energy through movement. No movement? Well, you'll be standing in darkness.
Club WATT took another step in "going green" by saving 30 percent on energy through LED lighting, 50 percent on water with rainwater catching systems and waterless urinals, cutting CO2 emissions by 30 percent and reducing waste by 50 percent.
Presently, the generators only light the dance floor but Club WATT hopes to power more of the club's systems, as well as open more venues around the world in the future.
See more of what Club WATT has to offer at www.sustainabledanceclub.com.