Health Costs, Hospitals, and LED Lighting
- The 'Step by Steps' of the LED Green Light Grant Program
- Sustainable Upholstery
- Future Fashion: Eco-conscious Style
- LED Saving Solutions launches $10 Million Green Light Grant Program for the 2010 Holiday Season
- Beyond Bottles: A Better Way to Hydrate
- Donald Trump’s Conservative Plan for Energy
- Aggressive. Sustainable. Hurdles. Solution. Hillary Clinton’s Energy Policy
- For a War on Energy Waste, the Presidential Candidates should see the light!
- Energy Saving Lighting for the Department of Defense
- Anti-Environmental Budget Riders
- How It’s Made Shows INDEPENDENCE lighting up its Made in USA LED manufacturing
- Commercial LED Lighting Solutions Case Study Series – Automotive - Hyundai Dealership
- Made in USA LED Tubes Gain Market Share of Chinese Imports
- PA State Legislator Taking Steps to Save Energy
- LED Saving Solutions Continues Its Growth
Hospitals are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, so they never turn their lights off. That means they spend heaps of money on electricity and over 50% of that money on lighting. And that means that a significant reduction in lighting costs to hospitals would produce some very big savings.
How big, you ask?
Well, according to the math that we and our colleagues at LED Saving Solutions did last fall, every hospital that switches to LED lighting will save half a million dollars a year, with zero up front cost.
This is obviously not THE solution to America's health care cost crisis, but, since the President wants to have all the ideas on the table, we don't think he - or hospitals - or anyone - should overlook this one.