Oil Still Flowing From Sunken Rig Site
- Johnson Controls Perversion vs. Inversion according to Hillary Clinton at Democratic Presidential Town Hall
- Made in the U.S.A Products from Bottle Breacher by Military Vets Create an Economic Launchpad
- Commercial LED Lighting Solutions Case Study Series – Public Safety – Fire
- Commercial LED Lighting Solutions Case Study Series – Restaurant Parking – Burger King
- Independence LED Parking Garage Fixture is Approved by DLC
- Newmark Holdings Retrofits 24 NYC Commercial Properties With Independence LED Lighting
- LED Light Manufacturer has Five Point Fix for our U.S. trade deficit with China
- Link to Watch INDEPENDENCE Lighting Up the Screen with LED Tubes on How It’s Made Show
- How It’s Made Shows INDEPENDENCE lighting up its Made in USA LED manufacturing
- US2 Lists American Made LED Light Fixtures by Independence LED on its GSA Schedule
The oil remains three days of unimpeded floating from the shore, and the Coast Guard claims that wildlife impact has been minimal, but the US Fish and Wildlife Service has spotted sperm whales in the vicinity of the spill.
Four unmanned submarines have been summoned to the scene and are trying to manually activate the well's "blowout preventer," a valve at the wellhead that was supposed to have closed automatically. If that effort fails, BP - the company that owns the well and is financially responsible for the cleanup - would have to at least one relief well very close to the damaged well and try to intercept the flowing oil.
In the interim, BP will try covering the leaking well with a huge dome-like device and pumping dome's contents to the surface. If the dome technology fails, however, and the well continues to leak at Monday's rate, the disaster will reach "major spill" status on Thursday.