University Lighting Retrofit Saves On Utility Bills
- NYC EBie Award Finalist includes LED Tube retrofit
- The LED tube shines at LIGHT FAIR International
- Con Ed leads on Building Optimization
- The Tenacious Hunt for REBATES on LED Tube Lights
- September 2012 Review on LED Tube Lights: LED Tubes for Exit Stairs vs. Offices
- Made in USA LED Tubes Gain Market Share of Chinese Imports
- PA State Legislator Taking Steps to Save Energy
- LED Saving Solutions Continues Its Growth
- The 'Step by Steps' of the LED Green Light Grant Program
- LED Saving Solutions launches $10 Million Green Light Grant Program for the 2010 Holiday Season
Approximately 500 lights will be replaced with new, more energy efficient lights, resulting in a 70 percent reduction in energy use for lighting, the article said. The new lights improve visibility for students and visitors, the university’s blog said.
The university expects the project to pay for itself in 1.2 years and significantly reduce its maintenance costs given that the new lights last for approximately 42,000 hours, the blog notes. The project was done at a cost of $51,384, according to the blog.