Energy Efficiency Certification – Get the "Green" Edge
If you provide services to homeowners as a General Contractor or as an Installer of HVAC, Insulation, Air Sealing, Windows, or other Energy Saving services, then you need to walk the talk when it comes to saving money. Energy Efficiency is top of mind for Americans. So, getting Certified as an 'Energy Efficiency Contractor' is the launchpad that will help you lift your business and secure your role in the new Eco-Economy.
The Energy Efficiency Certification curriculum has been developed by professionals that have taken the best of a diverse range of Energy Auditing and ‘Green’ training programs. Our team consists of leading Architects and certified Energy Auditors from Building Performance Institute (BPI) and Residential Energy Services Network (RESNET), plus seasoned Home Inspectors, Mechanical Engineers, MBAs, PHDs, and Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED AP) Accredited Professionals.
The focus is on Return on Investment to reduce utility costs and increase the health of homes across the country. The curriculum is focused on teaching individuals the most cost–effective ways for homeowners to create energy savings and healthier homes. Students learn about the Return on Investment approach and the home as an ‘organism’ vs. as an ‘object’. Students also learn the techniques that can save a homeowner $500 with just an hour of tune-ups that require no tools or expertise at all.
10 Major Curriculum Categories:
- Heating, Ventilating and Air Conditioning Efficiency (HVAC)
- Insulation and Air Sealing
- Air Quality
- Natural Light
- Electricity Consumption and Utility Bill Analysis
- Water Consumption & Quality
- Interior Materials and Options
- Exterior Materials and Options
- Passive and Active Solar Options
Our program is available online so that you may work at your own pace and includes 8 hours of presentation videos broken down into easy to follow sections. Once you have completed the program we administer a multiple choice test online for you to finish your certification. Upon certification you will receive:
- Access to our Reporting Software that shows clients their energy savings
- Our 'Energy Efficiency Contractor' Seal of Approval for your usage
- Customizable support marketing materials, including our Tax Incentive De-Coder
- Ability to review leads that come in nationally for contracting services.